Monday, February 25, 2008

Walking, Affirmations


I've started a new project, ahead of my coming trip to Scotland with Dad and my sister Kimberly. Bob is my inspiration - he's been walking over 10,000 steps per day for over a month. I got a little pedometer like his, and have been walking now for almost two weeks. I reached 10K steps on the fourth day, and decided that I wanted to do 10,000 aerobic steps per day, 7 days per week, until March 31st, the day before we depart. I reached 10K aerobic steps this last week, and have maintained it daily now for four days. So I'll have about 5 weeks of that before we leave. I'm hoping that it will improve my overall health and stamina, perhaps lose a bit of weight, and definitely tighten up a bit. Blogging about the walks daily at http://ValorieWalks.blogspot.com

Yesterday, I paged through a book that Pig recommended, called Real Fitness for Real Women: A Unique Workout Program for the Plus-Size Woman, by Rochelle Rice. Her first step to fitness is crafting and using affirmations, as the way to develop your will, determination, courage to follow through. As I walked, I crafted my affirmation today, and noticed that as I said it to myself, my stride changed. I walked taller, more confidently, more powerfully. I want that all the time!

I am a powerful, healthy, beautiful woman. Remember.



I'm sure I'll change this as I go along -- it isn't quite what I was saying today, but I can't recall the original wording now. Do any of my readers have affirmations you use? Do you mind sharing?

No comments: