Great Lists and how to get them* Safe Schools Coalition - all-around GREAT list!, local, state and US: http://www.safeschoolscoalition.org, click on "LISTSERVE" on the bar on the left side.
Local* GLSEN Puget Sound for the Puget Sound region; King, Pierce, Snohomish and Kitsap counties: mailto:email@example.com
* Seattle Young People's Project / Queer Youth Rights: http://www.sypp.org/. Updates by Email: Enter your email address to be added to the SYPP listserve
Seattle LGBT Community Center: http://seattlelgbt.org/ - Top box, Add me to the Center's Weekly Events Email List
Seattle Out And Proud Announcement List (Pride): http://seattlepride.org/announcements.htm
Marriage Equality Now: http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/menow-announce
Washington State* GLSEN Washington - http://www.glsenwa.org/. List is called WA State GSA Network: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Washington Won't Discriminate is not running their list now, but will start it up in the future, if necessary.
* Equal Rights Washington - Weekly update on equal rights in Washington State. Paste or type your email address into the box on the top left - Join or Donate to ERW: GET UPDATES, TAKE ACTION!: http://equalrightswashington.org/
* Legal Marriage Alliance of Washington: http://lists.qrd.org/mailman/options/lma
Religious Coalition for Equality: http://www.religiouscoalition-wa.org/ - Blue bar on left, Send me updates and alerts.
ACLU Washington: http://www.aclu-wa.org/ - Upper right-hand corner, Sign up for the ACLU-WA Email Activist Network. (Speaker's Bureau listed under Resources tab)
NationalYouth Guardian Services runs great e-mail support lists for glbtq youth, in three age groups: YOUTH13-17, YOUTH17-21, YOUTH21-25, and the STR8 list, for straight ally youth under 25: http://www.youth-guard.org/youth/
* PFLAG National Weekly Updates: http://www.pflag.org/Weekly_Update.422.0.html, Subscribe to the Weekly Update now!. This is the official PFLAG list.
* Wonderful unofficial PFLAG list, PFLAG-talk: http://www.critpath.org/pflag-talk/talkfaq.html
* PFLAG also has a Safe Schools list, pflagschools: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pflagschools/
Human Rights Campaign: http://www.hrc.org/ - Top left, Stay Informed: Your email here
Lambda Legal: http://www.lambdalegal.org/ - on the right, Sign up for our eNews
* Freedom to Marry's Bi-monthly E-Update: http://www.freedomtomarry.org/e_update.asp
Don't Amend.com: http://www.dontamend.com/ - Left-hand top: Join Email List
* Lists to which I subscribe.
Speakers Bureau Contacts: http://seattlelgbt.org/speakers.html
You do things again and again, and nothing happens. You have to do things, do things, do things. You have to light that match, light that match, light that match, not knowing how often it's going to sputter and go out and at what point it's going to take hold. Things take a long time. It requires patience, but not a passive patience -- the patience of activism. - Howard Zinn